Thursday 11 October 2018

You Are Good Enough Art Journal Page | Belinda Spencer

Hello!

Belinda Spencer here today and I am super thrilled to be a guest designer for October. Especially with such a pretty mood board to work with!

I have created an art journal page using the beautiful colours of the mood board. Aqua is my absolute favourite colour so it was pretty easy to create something using it.

'You Are Good Enough' Art Journal Page


Aren't those colours just divine?!

I threw a lot of product at this page starting with some Jane Davenport Inkredible Inks in Mermaid Tail and Violet Syrup. I used my large JD art journal which has lovely watercolour paper so I didn't need to do anything to the page to start with. I did liberally spritz it with water and then drop the colour into the pools of water. There is something mesmerizing and relaxing about watching the ink spread across the page. I left this to dry for quite some time and then sped things up with the heat gun. The bonus of using the heat gun is these inks are scented and the gorgeous aroma wafts out when you dry it with the heat gun.


The Inkredible Inks are highly reactive to water so I gave my page a good spray with Helmar Crystal Kote Workable Matte Fixative. They did react slightly with the spray but not so much that it ruined the look. As you can see in the completed page you can hardly see this layer anyway! I know it's there though! LOL 


Next I went to town using a whole heap of different stencils with some acrylic paint. I like to use the latex make-up wedges to apply my paint as they give a lovely smooth finish and you can control how much paint you are applying. The less paint on the wedge the better when working with stencils to avoid bleeding under the stencil.


I added a Jane Davenport Face Stencil in the top right using some heavy black gesso and then added some JD collage papers in co-ordinating colours. I used some Liquitex Matte Medium to apply the collage papers.


In the bottom left corner I added a couple of Jane Davenport Rub-ons to balance the face in the top right corner.


I used the Jane Davenport Paint Over Pens to add some colour detail to the rub-ons.


I used the same pens to add detial to the face stencil.


I created a matching page on the other sideof the journal too.




Supplies used:

JANE DAVENPORT INKredible Inks:
- Mermaid Tail
- Violet Syrup
JANE DAVENPORT Acrylic Paint
JANE DAVENPORT Collage Papers
JANE DAVENPORT Confetissue
JANE DAVENPORT Paint Over Pens
JANE DAVENPORT Sparkle Marker
JANE DAVENPORT Face Stencil
JANE DAVENPORT Rub-Ons
HELMAR Crystal Kote Workable Matte Fixative
DERIVAN MATISSE White Gesso
DERIVAN MATISSE Flow Acrylic Paint Aqua Green Light
JO SONJA Acrylic Paint Brilliant Violet (Series 1)
PRIMA FINNABAIR Art Basics Heavy Black Gesso
LIQUITEX Matte Medium
UNI Posca Pen White
Black Journalling Pen

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today and checking out my take on the October Mood Board. I hope you find some time to play along too.

Thanks for having me Amanda and team!

Cheers
Belinda


1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing result Belinda. So colourful.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...