Thursday 25 October 2018

Beach Sunset..... by Cindy Porter

Hi everyone, Cindy here to share with you my latest Art Journal Spread for Art and Soul Studio.... Beach Sunset


I created this journal spread using Neocolor II and Marabu Art Crayons, the two crayons are quite different in texture when used however both are water soluble crayons...
Normally, I would have a process video to share with you all... however, I have been away to rest and give my ankle (that I fractured) time to fully repair.... so I have a photo step by step for you...
This journal double page spread, was inspired by the sunsets from where I was staying..
I began by painting my journal pages with water to dampen them down...

I then added white Neocolor in a half circle and surrounded that with Yellow Neocolor…

 Next I surrounded the Yellow with Orange Neocolor…

 I used a brush against the Vermillion Neocolor and brushed a thin colour above the Orange and Yellow...

 For the sky I began with Grey Neocolor washed over the double page...

I then used Periwinkle Blue to create colour contrast...

 To add colour depth to my sky I added Silver Marabu Art Crayon... 

 and then the Lavender Marabu Art Crayon...

 I added a wash of black to darken the sky...

I then used the Black Marabu Art Crayon to roughly draw in the tree horizon...

 to increase the orange glow to my sunset skyline, I added Orange Marabu Art Crayon...

to begin my foreground, I used a wash of the Cocoa Marabu Art Crayon...

I used the White, Yellow and Orange Neocolors to create the sunlight reflection on the water...

 Next I used the Orange and Cocoa to deepen the water colour...

 and a wet brush to create water movement...

 I used the Gold Marabu Art crayon to give a glow to the sunlight reflection...

Next I added more depth to the water and reflection with both the Orange and Cocoa Marabu Art Crayons...

 For the final step I added some extra details to the tree horizon line...

A final look at the finished piece...

Products used:
Dylusions Creative Journal

hope you enjoyed seeing my process,
till next time
Happy Creating,

xC  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...