Sunday 11 February 2018

Dreamer of Dreams by Tanyalee Kahler

Hello lovely Soul Sisters, Tanyalee back with another tutorial for Art and Soul Studio.

I received a beautiful package of stamps, stencils and Jane Davenport goodies from the shop and was inspired to make a galaxy girl using mermaid markers. It took me a couple of attempts to get the idea to come together, but I am happy to share my video with you today.




To be honest, I was daunted by the Mermaid Markers. I've been in love with the idea of them ever since they were released last year, but was too intimidated to actually use them. So when I saw the shimmery set was launched recently I bit the bullet and grabbed a set. The colours are perfect for galaxy art works.

I love seeing faces in art journal spreads, but I don't think my drawing skills are up to scratch so the stamp took the pressure off with that idea. And then the galaxy hair just came naturally.

To start my spread I put down a layer of gesso to seal the paper. Then I added the Jane Davenport collage papers and embossed stamp as a background.

Next I used the face stamp and outlined it with a black marker to enhance the lines and to make it look more hand-drawn. Then I went crazy with the mermaid markers and acrylic inks to create the galaxy hair.

I finished off the spread with same phrase stickers from Tim Holtz, magazine clippings and some more acrylic ink splatters.

All in all, I really enjoyed playing with these products and love the finished spread. My only advice with the markers is to be aware that the ink is water-based and will react with any other product you use on top, including paint markers. Other than that, they are quite magical. The ink is so pigmented and really pops on the page.

Supplies:
Liquitex White Gesso
Jane Davenport Collage Papers
Carabelle Studio stamp - Background Taches
Gold embossing powder
Versamark stamp pad
Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers - Shimmering Sky set
Jane Davenport Acrylic Stamp set - Faces
Liquitex Acrylic Ink (Titanium White)
Liquitex Acrylic Ink (Iridescent Gold)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metallic Stickers
Magazine cuttings

1 comment:

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...