Monday 16 October 2017

October Soulful Project challenge - Karen Arribas

Hello and welcome to today's project which is this months soulful quote.


I decided to use my Jane davenport journal 6 x 9 in (15.2 x 22.9 cm) because I like the paper and the size. When I'm faced with a blank page I like to put some marks on to add texture and its easier to get started if you're not faced with a blank page.
I Used Jane davenport set 2 turquoise and bubble wrap for the texture.


I like to use washi tape for the middle so the paint doesn't leak into the next page but I also like to use it to add texture. I am using Tim Holtz ideology design tape. I then covered the page with Liquitex gesso.



I decided to draw a face showing the frontal to show the emotion of the mind chatter that could be going through her mind. I used a pencil for the outline and then added colour using Neocolor II watersoluable Caran Dache crayons.  


I lightly filled her face and hair with the crayons and then used a black stabilo water soluable pencil to add depth and outline around the face and eyes.


To make the wall I ripped out another page from the journal and used Kaisercolour acrylic paint - Raw Umber as the base colour. On the bottom I used Decoart Media Fluid Acrylics - Transparent Red Iron Oxide, before ot dried I used bubble wrap to take away some of the colour.


To add more texture I used the Kaisercraft clear stamp - Script and an archival black pigment ink.


For the wall I used the Jane Davenport Inkcredible pen, the ink is actually water soluble so I lightly brushed over the line with a little water to soften the edges a bit. 


I cut out the wall and stuck it on top. The wall has been filled with negative words which are some of the things people say to themselves that can create a wall around them



I hope you enjoyed this lesson and I look forward to seeing what you create in the Soul Sisters FB page. 

All the materials are available in the Art and Soul Studio online shop: https://artandsoulstudio.com.au/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...