Friday 29 March 2019

Free post for March. Art and Soul Studio


My Free blog post for March.


 I started out by using an old canvas i started years ago. I used a mixture of white gesso and Modelling paste through two stencils.


I used Tim Holtz Distress paint (carved Pumpkin) and (tattered Rose) as well as yellow/pink acrylic paint.


I then used white gesso through another stencil and a mixture of Tim Holtz Distress Paint (broken china) and alcohol ink (denim) with turquoise acrylic paint.


Close up left corner.



I then used modelling paste and rubbed in onto old paint brushes, hessian doileys and strips of hessian.


I also used hessian fibres and painted them with gesso. 


While the paint brushes were still tacky i bundled them together. I then tied them with hessian, lace and leather. I then painted them with modelling paste.


Then i had a fabulous time going through old jewellery and beads, gluing them around the paint brushes. 





I felt like the canvas felt unfinished so i added a few words with modelling paste and alcohol ink.



I'm still not 100% happy with the words but what's done is done.


Thank you so much for viewing.

PRODUCTS:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint (broken china, tattered rose, carved pumpkin)
Tim Holtz ALCOHOL ink (denim)
Dina Wakley MEDIA White gesso.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...