Monday 22 October 2018


LOVE YOU, LOVE ART.


Today's free post art journal page is all about loving yourself and loving your art. 


These are the products i used to create my journal page.
All these products are available from the Art and Soul Studio.


I started by blobbing Tim Holtz Distress Paint (broken china) in two opposite corners of the page.


I used a dry brush to spread the paint out leaving fantastic brush marks. I then added blobs of (mermaid lagoon). I used a different dry brush spreading the paint in the same fashion as the first colour.


Then i added a few blobs of (carved pumpkin) i love this colour. I used a Brayer Roller to spread the paint.


I then added (mustard seed) and used the brayer roller again. I didn't dry the first layer of paint as i didn't mind if the colours mixed a little.


(mustard seed and carved pumpkin) brayer roller.


Then i used (seedless preserves) through a stencil. I blobbed the paint onto my paint pallet and used a paint brush to add the paint through the stencil. I used the same brush to create a boarder around the page, using up the last of the paint on the pallet. 


Then using Dina Wakley MEDIA White gesso i created circles with an old lid around the edge's of the page leaving the centre of the page for the next fun step.


 I took a page out of the Kaisercraft Pen and ink scrapbooking book to make a heart.


I used Tim Holtz Distress paint (antiqued bronze) around the edge's of the heart, the distress stain (old paper) all over the page, a sprinkle of Distress Glitter (vintage photo) and Alcohol ink (denim) to add a rough boarder and droplets to the heart.


Once dry i glued the heart to the page. Added a boarder to the heart using Dina Wakley MEDIA black gesso as well as adding dots and scratch lines to the heart to give it some soul. I then added the simple words, almost a reminder to myself to love everything we do. Then i went over the page with the white gesso again adding dots with the tip of a paint brush.


Left corner close up. Added a black outline boarder with scratch marks.


Right corner close up.


Top right hand corner close up.


Top left hand corner close up.





Thank you so much for your time for viewing this page and hope you enjoyed it.
xoxo


Art and Soul Studio Product list:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint:
(mermaid lagoon)
(carved pumpkin)
(seedless preserves)
(mustard seed)
(broken china)
(antiqued bronze)

Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink (denim)

Tim Holtz Distress Stain (old paper)

Tim Holtz Distress Glitter (vintage photo)

Dina Wakley MEDIA (white - black gesso)

Non Studio Products:
Kaiserkraft Pen and Ink Scrapbooking page.

(the studio does have amazing kaiserkraft pages available)

URL: https:/artandsoulstudio.com.au


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...