Wednesday 5 September 2018

This is my free choice blog. However i thought i'd keep true to this months challenge and use butterflies.

These are the products i used to create this page. Most of these products are available from the art and soul studio.

I started out by wetting the paper and mixing up watered down Tim Holtz Distress Paint (mustard seed, carved pumpkin and tattered rose). I then dipped my brush into red food dye and lightly brushed the colour around the top of the page, allowing it to drip and pool on the page.

Once dry i lightly sprayed the page with a matt spray to seal the food dye from leaking into top layers. I then used white gesso through two of my most used stencils.

I then mixed white gesso with an orange acrylic paint and used it through another stencil.

Then i thought it would be fun to use bubble wrap so using a metallic purple acrylic paint i dabbed away at the page lightly. I then used a mint coloured acrylic paint and dipped large and small lids in it making fun circles around the page. I got a little lost in the process of making this page. A little busy but so much fun to make.

Then i got a little crazy with a fin tipped brush and white gesso. No real thought was put into the placement of the patterns i just let go and had fun with it. Once dry i used a black sharpie to trace the outline of the white, adding a few small semi circles and dots here and there. 

Then i used Tim Holtz Antiqued Bronze Distress paint on a small piece of music page and cut up some plasterers mesh tape to create a nest for the butterflies. 

I then used a blue denim alcohol ink to colour the Kaiserkraft Pen and ink butterflies. I then used blue bling to decorate the wings before gluing the butterflies on each nest. Once set and dry i used a 3D fabric paint to make the butterflies bodies. 


I hope you have enjoyed today's blog. I really enjoyed the fun process of creating this page.


PRODUCT LIST:
art and soul studio:

Tim Holtz Distress Paint
(antiqued bronze)
(mustard seed)
(carved pumpkin)
(tattered rose).
Dina Wakley MEDIA white gesso,
Kaiserkraft pen and ink butterflies scrapbook page.
Tim Holtz ALCOHOL INK (denim)

https://artandsoulstudio.com.au



OTHER PRODUCTS:
white 3D fabric paint
music page
plasterers mesh tape
mint acrylic paint
metallic purple acrylic paint
blue bling (rhinestones)
black sharpie pen





Thank you for viewing my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...