Sunday 9 September 2018

Gold and turquoise mixed media layout by Asia Marquet

Hello everyone:) Today I have for you gold and turquoise mixed media layout which I prepared as a  Guest Designer for Art & Soul Studio. I am so happy to do this guest post- love the philosophy of Art & Soul Studio and all the amazing artists designing there.  To top it of there is this really amazing colour board for September with my fav colour ever- turquoise:) Yes, I know, I like so many colours, but this one is the top of the top;) And it work beautifully with the gold, isn't it true?:) And then I need to stick somewhere on a layout a butterfly! Cool! I was looking for an excuse to add some butterflies to my project but I was stopping myself as, I think, I overdid it recently:) And here I am- in my butterfly heaven;) There it is- the stunning, new moodboard:


37214923_10217061364512289_4546105222186926080_n

Here is a short photo tutorial, but there is also a step-by-step video  on my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnSiP80-7LwFXBzNWXhG7GQ?view_as=subscriber

And this is my layout:



So let's start:

First thing was to run the paper through my sawing machine- make the edges and wave- shaped pattern in the middle. I let the end of the threads loose- to me this is something really important to achieve distress effect. Then I added a layer of clear gesso all over the paper, making sure the loose threads will not get glued to the page:



Next step as to add some stencilling- for the first stencil I used crackle paste, for the second- sand paste. And since it was really late at night, I had a no problem to leave it to dry overnight:) This is the best way to achieve big crackle:)  



Morning work was to prepare  some tags and pieces of papers, distress their edges, add some bronze and gold wax to them and wrap the thread around every single one. Then I put everything together, separating the layers with pieces of cardboard and gluing everything with tacky glue. 


Before attaching my focal point to the page, I added some color. Starting with golden mists and continuing with teals and turquoises:




Some stamping:



Under the photo I added  a piece of sparkling foil and lace and covered it in some places with black sand texture paste. Let it air dry.



I cut our a piece of leaves design and added golden colors with mist and wax:



I used two turquoise EP to emboss floral chipboards:



For the pieces of metal I used again either the golden sprays or the golden waxes, or both at the same time:



When all the embellishments were ready, I started to glue everything together- firstly placing the elements on the layout, checking if they work well together and when happy- adhering them to the page either with tacky glue or with a glue gun. At the end I added some splatter;)

Some close ups:














List of products used:

*Lindy's Gang Starbursts: Sassy Saphire, Tibetan Poppy Teal, Time Travel Teal & Golden Sleigh Bell
*Lindy's Gang Glitz Spritz-  Medieval Gold
*Lindy's Gang EP- Guten Tag Teal & Desert Moon Turquoise
*Finnabair- Texture paste Black Sand, Texture Paste Clear Crackle,  Mica Flakes- Gold Leaf, Mini Art Stones & Clear Gesso
*Finnabair metallic waxes- Aged Bronze & White Gold
*AB Studio die cuts from Vintage Elements
*AB Studio stamps #105 & #107
*AB Studio stencils # 110 & #118
*7 Dots Studio paper and tags:  Fortune Teller & Paint Chips
*Lemon Craft. butterfly die cuts- Vintage Time # 021 & #022
*Pebeo- Sand Paste
*Joy Craft stamp- Silhouette Grass
* Carabelle Studio stamp- Guirlandes avec des  Ronds
*Paper Poetry- script stamp
*Creative Embellishments chipboards
*Jet Black Archival Ink
*Winsor & Newton- black china ink
*Tacky Glue
*Gold Glitter



Thank you for stopping by!
Big, crafty hugs,

Asia

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Asia... Much love for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on here and so beautiful with all the elements. Off to check out your video Asia.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...