Friday 27 July 2018

Mixed Media Tags by Tanyalee Kahler

Welcome to another tutorial prepared for Art and Soul Studios. Today I am going to show you how I make a set of two mixed media tags.


To begin with, I used some light modelling paste through a Stencil Girl stencil to create some background texture. Once that was dry, I applied so Heavy Gesso because I knew I was going to be using Jane Davenport Inks and didn't want them to soak through the tags too much.

I also made my own tissue paper ephemera by stamping some Dina Wakely and Fiskars stamps onto some deli paper. This paper dries quite transparent when glued down with matte medium.


To create the colourful background, I sprayed some water onto the gessoed tags and dropped ink in each colour and let it swirl and blend. I ended up mopping some of it back up because it was very wet. The colours dried a lovely muted tone and matched the line art stamps on the deli paper perfectly.

I glued down the deli paper images and finished with some ink splatters and journaling.



You can watch the video to see how it was all put together here: 

Supplies

Fiskars Stamp
Deli Paper
Jane Davenport Ink (Violet, Frida, Tinsel)
Drawing Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...