Wednesday 13 June 2018

Tag Journal by Tanyalee Kahler

Hi everyone, Tanyalee here with my latest blog post and tutorial for Art and Soul Studio.
I have made a mini journal using tags, water-soluble crayons, collage and paint.





To start off with, I put a layer of gesso on each side of the tags so the watercolour doesn't soak right in. Then I added some impasto paint in coordinating colours and marks using the water-soluble crayons.

I then joined all of the tags together with washi tape and gel medium to create the journal

Once that was all dry, I went crazy with collage papers and stencils with light modelling paste.

And to finish it off, I added some acrylic ink drips in coordinating colours.

It was a relatively quick project but needed a fair amount of drying time between each layer.

I plan on using the finished journal to tell a story as part of the Get Messy Art Journal Season of Story prompts.



Supplies:

Impasto Paint (Green Apple, Jade)
Stencil Girl Stencil - S150 Mayne
Liquitex Acrylic Ink (Vivid Lime Green and Cerulean Blue)
Letter Stickers
Fabric Ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...