Saturday 9 June 2018

Limited Edition - Kristy Abela



Hi everybody... I can't say I  am enjoying the chill too much, I much prefer the warmer weather. I decided to create a journal page to remind me of the water, with a hint of chilled to the bone.. Perfect for Andy Skinner Stamps!

  I created a background of Distress oxides by spreading them across my craft mat. I played with the re-inkers as I love the way they can be used like a watercolour paint but also add variations in tone once water is added. I do confess... I am hooked!! 
  I used a bubble stencil and water alone to lift off some of the oxide to create a watermark and then added two layers of contrast with Stencils. 
  I then applied some smaller stamps using archival ink to the background. I stamped the largest image onto the background and embossed in black. 

  I used a piece of mixed media card as a base for my focal point and used Wild Honey to colour it to contrast the greens in the background. I stamped and Embossed my large fish and created a puddle of peacock feathers on my mat to colour it. I used my fingers to dab onto the skeleton and dragged the card around the puddle to create a watery border.

  I felt that I needed a little more definition on my piece and used my mini ink pad in Black Soot to edge both the focal point and the page itself. I stenciled some netting on there with embossing paste and tied some string around it. I played with some quotes and mounted my focal point onto a piece of cardboard.
  In the end I felt as though I needed more fish so I stamped and embossed a few more in there to fill out my background. To finish it off I drew a double line around the edge of the page and added some swirls and zigzags to complete my Limited Edition piece!
  Thanks for looking and I will see you soon with my take on the Moodboard.
Hugs... Kristy!

Product List
    - Twisted Citron / Cracked Pistachio / Wild Honey / Peacock Feathers 
    - Squeezed Lemonade / Lucky Clover
    - Black Soot / Carved Pumpkin
Tim Holtz Quote Chips
Black embroidery thread


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...