Wednesday 6 December 2017

Technique Post - Album cover by Lynn Good

Today I would like to share with you the technique of creating a steampunk style cover for your album, art journal, diary or the such like.



I began my using a Scrapmatts stencil and Finnabair 3D Gloss Gel 



Once dried I covered the entire cover with black gesso and then began apply colours.  I have used Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallic paints - I will list the colours below


Once dried I have covered the entire cover with dimensional magic for the glossier look.


I have cut some cardboard using the Tim holtz Gadget gears and coloured them with the same Art Alchemy metallic colours as the cover and applied dimensional magic to them (a little bit of a fan of the end result of dimensional magic!!!!)



I have then adhered then to the cover - here are some close ups:





Thanks for stopping by and I hope the you have been inspired by this mixed media piece.

Product used:



Til next time  - Happy Crafting



1 comment:

  1. Super cool journal cover, love the texture you created with the metallics! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...