Friday 8 February 2019

February Mood Board Challenge


I really enjoyed the challenge of working with such girly colours. I'm not a big fan of bright pink so i used a softer palette.

February mood board for the art and soul studio.


I started by gluing down this amazing lace and fine cotton material I've had lying around for so long with no idea what to do with it.....Perfect.  I also used wooden cut outs and die cuts, material doileys.


I then used Dina Wakley MEDIA white gesso over the top of the canvas. I did'nt want to make it to thick so i could see the amazing pink underneath.
I also used old keys, a few screws and and this cute plastic vintage clasp.


I used Tim Holtz Distress paint Seedless preserve to highlight various parts of the canvas.


I also used Tim Holtz Distress Paint Mermaid lagoon and tattered rose, with a pink/yellow acrylic paint


I then used LUMIERE Metallic paint 557 HALO-VIOLET-GOLD.



I then added a little of the tattered rose and some white gesso to highlight the keys and the clasp.


I then added some flat back pearls and some pink flat back beads.I also added random blue, purple and pink gems. using white gesso as adhesive and to frame the edge of the canvas.


I also added cute pink flowers and white gesso around the heart. I used a tooth pick to scratch the lines in, as well as little dots around the edge of the heart for more detail.



Thank you very mush for viewing my blog. I enjoyed creating this cute little canvas that is now handing in my young daughters room. 


PRODUCT LIST:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint, tattered rose, seedless preserve, mermaid lagoon.
LUMIERE by Jacquard. 557  HALO VIOLET-GOLD
Dina Wakley MEDIA White gesso

OTHER PRODUCTS:
pink/yellow acrylic paint
flat back pearls, pink, purple and blue gems and pink beads
Fabric doiley, keys, screws, plastic clasp.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...