Hi friends :)
Good Morning !
First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a very happy, colourful & peaceful 2019.
For today's post, I've prepared a Set of Mixed Media ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). I was inspired by nature & all the green hues in the January Moodboard. The theme for January is to "use texture".
Hope you join the challenge to win amazing prizes! All the details for the January Challenge can be found HERE.
Set of Mixed Media ATCs
ATC 1: Smile
ATC 2 : Love
ATC 3: Hope
1. Cut thick chipboard into 2.5 by 3.5 inch (atc size) sized rectangles
2. Applied modelling paste onto each atc using a palette knife to create texture
3. Used air dry clay to create mushroom like shapes & then adhered them to the atcs using gel medium
4. Applied black gesso to the atcs to prepare them for coloring
5. Started the coloring process by adding Lindy's sprays
6. To add shine & intense color, used Finnabair's metallic paints in shades of green, brown, red. Kept applying them using the dry brush technique, until I was happy with the blend of colors
7. Next adhered Finnabair's glass glitter, moss, sequins, sentiment tiles and alphas using soft gel medium
8. In the end, added nuvo drops and ink splatter on the 3 atcs & distressed their edges with black soot distress ink
Ranger's Archival Inkpad- Jet Black
Nuvo Crystal Drops- Dandelion Yellow, Red Berry, Apple Green
Please don't forget to join Art & Soul Studio's January Challenge. There are awesome prizes on offer & we have a stunning mood board every month. For inspiration, please check out the gorgeous projects made by my talented team mates.
Please do share your beautiful work with us on our Facebook group- Soul Sisters, we would love to see what you create with supplies from the Art & Soul Studio Store.
Thanks a lot for your precious time :)