Tuesday 18 December 2018

Treasures from the sea - an altered frame

Hi artsy souls, it's Libeeti here, to share with you an altered frame I've made, inspired by the beautiful moodboard:
This is how the frame looked at the begining:
I took the back out and covered it with Finnabair's black gesso, then I worked with a modeling paste and a stencil to give some texture. 
The next step was to color with Lindy's Gang sprays (Tainted Love Teal, Tibetan Poppy Teal, C'est la vie Cerise). Then I adhered trinkets, sea shells and molds, and colored them with Finnabair's acrylic paint - metalic light patina and mermaid sparkle.
The same way I worked with the frame itself, only this time the basis was Finnabair's white gesso.
After all was dry, I added more colros and depth with more Lindy's Gang sprays, this time adding some brownish hues (Shabby Turbine Teal, Afternoon Delight Denim, Clam Bake Beige, Fuzzy Navel Peach, Tawny Turquoise Vintage, Treasure Iland Aqua Vintage).
For the final touch, I added some Finnabair's mini art stones, to get the look of the sand, and some white gesso splatters, here and there.
Here are some close-ups on the details:
 


I hope you enjoyed my project :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...