Saturday 24 November 2018


Mystical lagoon



This is my art journal page inspired by this month's mood board.
I decided to do something a little different to all my other art journal pages and go back
 to my abstract root's. 


November Mood board.


I absolutely love these scrapbook pages from by DeeDee Catron called paint chips. I've had these for awhile now and knew this project was the perfect time to use them.


I started by ripping up some of the page and gluing them to my journal page.


I then used red food dye to colour the page around the paint chip scrapbook pages.
I'm completely in love with experimenting with food dye as an art medium.


I then used DecoArt MEDIA crackle paint over the food dye area. As it dried the food dye was seeped into the paint, dying it this fabulous colour.


Once dry i ripped up the art journal page in random chunk's gluing them to a thick backing board from an old art journal book.


This is a close up of how beautiful the crackle paint turned out and how raised it is on the cardboard.


I then covered the whole page with clear drying PVA glue. I then used a mint coloured acrylic paint over the bare cardboard area of the page. I then used a heat tool on the area pulling apart the paint, creating ripple as the glue dried.


I then used Tim Holtz Distress Paint to colour in the mint acrylic paint to give it depth. 


I also used LUMIERE by Jacquard 557 HALO VIOLET-GOLD.


This is the finished product.


Thank you for viewing my page. I absolutely loved creating it.

PRODUCTS USED:

DecoArt MEDIA CRACKLE PAINT
Tim Holtz Distress Paint (mermaid lagoon, broken china)
LUMIERE by Jacquard 557 HALO VIOLET-GOLD
Paint Chips by DeeDee Catron

Art and Soul Studio.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous result here Rebecca-lee. Love the textures.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...