Thursday 15 November 2018

Every Possibility

 begins with the courage to 

IMAGINE



This is my November free post art journal page.


These are the products i used to create this page. All products are available from the art and soul web site. (except the stamps i used and the plasters tape.)


I started out by using gesso through a stencil. 


I then layed the plasters tape down onto the page. I used tim holtz distress paint over the tape creating a mystical cloud type of look.


This is the page once the paint had dried and the tape had been removed. I love plasters tape. I kept all the tape pulled from this page to use it the future. 


Then i used acrylic paint on stamps to create a bit of mood around the edges of the age. I love using paint with my stamps not ink as i think its more durable. Just make sure that the stamps are cleaned straight away as not to ruin the stamps.


I then added a boarder using oil pastel crayons.


A simple woman i drew up. I used stencils to make some patterns on her hair, clothes and skin.


I then used oil pastels to colour in the gaps.


Then i added white gesso through my favourite stencil.


I came across this quote the other day and loved it. I also added blue and black oil pastels around the edge of the page, around the woman and the wording. I also traced around one of the stamps (flower) to give more depth to the page.


Thank you very much for taking time out to view my art journal page.

PRODUCT LIST:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint 
(broken china, mermaid lagoon, mustard seed, seedless preserves, carved pumpkin)
Dina Wakley MEDIA white gesso

https://artandsoulstudio.com.au



2 comments:

  1. Wow! awesome drawing and love the layers, the background effect from the plaster's tape and super colours. Oh and the sentiment is perfect Rebecca-Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really enjoyed making this page.

      Delete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...