Friday 5 October 2018

This is my art journal page for the October mood board.  Please excuse my screen shot image. My laptop has decided to have a tantrum and only upload certain photos. Anyway with all mt technical issues aside i hope you enjoy this page.

I started by gluing book pages to the paper. I then used Tim Holtz Distress Paint (seedless preserves) and (broken china) with a dry hard bristled brush. I also dry brushed a mint acrylic paint over the page to lighten up the blue.

Then using two stencils, one mandala and one hexagonal to create a dream catcher appearance. I used a semi matte purple acrylic paint. 

I then made a large circle using an old gesso lid with Dina Wakley MEDIA white gesso. I did the same thing with a smaller lid to create a hanging dream catcher look. I also used small lids to make two circles and used the tip of a paint brush making dots coming down from the large circle.

I then used purple 3d fabric paint running down the page in squiggles from the large circle. Giving the dream catcher a little more depth.

I then added pretty blue gems to the areas of the dream catcher where the dots started as well as a light blue 3d paint on the squiggly lines, Adding gems here and there.

Then i added bigger diamond gems to the smallest round circles as well as some flowers to one side of the dream catcher. I made some feathers out of book pages and stamps using Tim Holtz Distress Paint (broken china).

I added blue and purple gems down the centre of the feathers and used white 3d paint to outline the feathers and added dots. I forgot to take step by step photo's of the feathers. 


There you have it. Again sorry about the screen shot image. Ah technology, great when i works in your favour. I hope you have enjoyed this page as much as i enjoyed creating it for you. 

ART AND SOUL PRODUCT LIST:
Dina Wakley MEDIA white gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Paint (seedless preserves - broken china)


OTHER PRODUCTS:
Mint acrylic paint
Purple acrylic paint
3d fabric paint (purple - light blue - white)
Craft flowers
Bling




Thank you..xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Wow so many amazing elements here Rebecca-Lee. Gorgeous colours and a stunning result.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...