Thursday 20 September 2018

September Mood Board Challenge Post:
BLOOM
By Rebecca-lee Fisher

These are the products and tools i used to create this page. 

First thing i did was glue this Book page off centre to the page. I then used white gesso through some stencils to create some texture. 

I then used Tim Holtz Distress Paint (carved pumpkin and mustard seed) with a dry brush all over the page. 

I then used an orange acrylic paint through this fantastic stencil over the top of the distress paint background. 

Then using black gesso and a ruler i made messy lines down the left of the page and across the upper bottom of the page. I then pressed the edge of the ruler onto the page wiping off the excess gesso. I then used the edge of my paint pallet to get this fantastic curve. Then i pressed the edge onto the page to rub off excess gesso, leaving thin black lines on the page.

Then using Tim Holtz Distress Paint (broken china and mermaid lagoon) creating circles along the black lines. I used old lids to make the circles. I then used a mint acrylic paint to add small dots inside the smaller circles using the end of a paintbrush, as well as adding dots along the curve. I then added large circles in broken china randomly onto the page.

I then went back to add more black gesso curved lines and mint dots. (changed my mind mid way through).

I then cut out circle book pages and painted them with the blue colours and painted white and mint petals to create flowers. 

I then used white gesso to paint the word bloom down the left side of the page. Then i used black gesso and made circles with the lids around the page and in the flowers. 

Once dry i used a black felt tip pen to draw/edge the petals and to highlight the word bloom. Then i added these cute little white butterflies. This was a fun page to create to welcome spring. Hope you enjoyed this step by step and give it a go. xoxo

PRODUCT LIST:
ART AND SOUL STUDIO:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint;
(broken china,
mermaid lagoon,
mustard seed,
carved pumpkin)
Dina Wakley Media white and black gesso.


OTHER PRODUCTS:
Book Page,
Mint Acrylic Paint,
Stencils,
Butterflies.





1 comment:

  1. Great step by step tutorial on how you created this amazing page Rebecca. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...