Friday 25 May 2018

Moments by Tanyalee Kahler


Hello and welcome back to the Art and Soul Studio blog. Today I am sharing with you a process video for an art journal spread using an accordion journal.




I started this project by laying down pieces of scrapbooking paper and collage papers. I then blended acrylic paint to complete the background. I love blending paint with my fingers. It allows me to spread the paint smoothly and the fingerprints add to the texture.


Once the background was dry, I went in and created drips, splatters and marks with the gold watercolours. These paints are truly a dream to work with. So pigmented and smooth. I highly recommend trying them.



 My next step was to use acrylic ink through stencils to create some extra interest and texture.

 

And I finished it all off by hand scripting a quote along the length of the accordion pages.

Supplies:

Accordion Album
Impasto Paint (Heather, Azure)
Jane Davenport Acrylic
Soft Gel Medium
7 Dots Studio 6x6 designer pad - Northern Lights
Dina Wakely Stencil - Swirling Dashes
Dina Wakely Collage Paper
Stencil Girl Stencil - Laser Cut
Scrap FX Stencil - Flapper Girl
Liquitex Acrylic Ink (Titanium White and Carbon Black)
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolours - Starry Colours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...