Friday 9 March 2018

Soul Sisters Mood Board by Tanyalee Kahler

Who's ready for some mood board inspiration?
Well I have been working with the latest Soul Sisters mood board and I have an art journal spread to share with you.


This colour palette was not one I am used to using so I found this mood board challenging, however the photos and texture prompt were right up my alley.

I knew I was going to use collage papers, texture paste as well as micro beads and art stones.
Some of the supplies I used are in the below image.


I started the spread with magazine clippings as the background. And then went over the top with texture paste (white sand) from the Art Extravagance range. 
And then I added some soft matte gel, art stones and micro beads to create the beach feel.
Next, I added a range of paint colours to suite the colour palette and beach theme.


My final step was to add the quote using a Posca Paint Pen and some Liquitex Acrylic Ink splatters.


The collage papers have practically disappeared behind the paint and texture paste, but as I work intuitively and each layer leads to something completely new, this often happens.

Have you been inspired by this months mood board? If so, share your work in the Soul Sisters Facebook group and you could go in the running to win a voucher to the Art and Soul Studio shop.

SUPPLIES
Moleskine Art Journal
Magazine images
Art Ingredients Micro Beads
Art Alchemy Metallique Acrylic Paints (Light Patina, Opal Magic Blue Gold, Pure Sunshine)
Golden Fluid Acrylic (Titan Buff)
Liquid Acrylic Ink (Carbon Black, Titanium White)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...