Tuesday 13 March 2018

Love Magic by Allara Bamforth

Hey Soul Sisters,

I'm up on the blog today with something a little different to what I normally create. When looking at all the fantastic products on the Art and Soul Studio website, I found some beautiful papers by 49 and Market from their Rusty Autumn collection that I just fell in love with and thought I would try and create something a little more traditional and pretty using this collection.

I've chosen the 49 and Market Rusty Autumn collection Blooming Autumn, Captivating and Charming for my base papers and to fussy cut the accents.


I've added the three layers of paper and I've use Clear gesso over the top to adde my mixed media layers.

Next I chose this beautiful chipboard piece by Dusty Attic - Birds on a Branch #3 and coated with some DecoArt Sand texture paste.


Next I coated the chipboard with Prima/Finnabair Art Extravagance Rust effect paste - Mint green. Then I used the same as above in Blue and then again with Brass.
This created a really nice layered rust effect.  I then stamped with white paint over the top to tone them down at bit with a script stamp. I finished this off with some watered down Lindy's Flat Fabio - Carribean Blue to highlight the birds and tie in the blue on my husbands shirt.



Before piecing the layout together and sticking it down, I have sponged through some Distress Oxide - Bundled Sage through a script stencil and lightly stamped a script stamp with Distress Oxide - Vintage Photo.

I've layered all my pieces together with the 49 and Market papers plus a few 7 Dots Studio Dreamscapes die cuts. Added to this was a little bit of left over packaging paper I had in my stash. Next I accented with some Prima Marketing Finnabair Glass Beads and some Faber Castell Glitter paste.


I then added a Kaisercraft Die cut and a Tim Holtz Quote Sticker. And finished off by lightly splattering some of the Lindy's Flat Fabio in Caribbean Blue watered down and then as is. I added the barcode strip from the paper as a quote at the very bottom because I just loved it.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. All the products I have used from Art and Soul Studio shop have been linked. I can't wait to use some of these products again.

Till next time,

Allara xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...