Today I am going to share with you an art journal spread I made using this mood board. And I will show you some process shots from along the way.
First of all, I started with my Moleskine Art Journal and gesso'd the pages because I wasn't really sure how much wet medium I was going to use. Then I placed down some ephemera pieces.
I glued these down with matte medium but you could easily use a glue stick or another wet glue you might have on hand.
Next I added some texture with a stencil. This one is from Dina Wakley and is called Swirling Dashes, and I used Finnabair's new Paper Paste for the texture.
Once the paste had dried (and it takes a little while because it is quite thick) I went crazy with the colours included in the mood board. I used a combination of acrylic paints that I will list in the supplies section below.
I have the most beautiful butterfly stamps so decided to stamp those onto tissue paper and glue them down. I could have stamped directly onto the page, but the textured background would have made that difficult. And the tissue paper almost disappears into the background so this technique works well.
I hope you take some inspiration from this simple spread. I'd love to see your response to the challenge. Don't forget to upload them into the album in the Facebook group.
Until next time, happy art-making xx
- Moleskine Art Plus Sketchbook
- Liquitex Gesso
- Collage ephemera (book pages, magazine clippings, and pieces of chopped up art)
- Liquitex Matte Medium
- Paper Paste
- Dina Wakley Stencil (Swirling Dashes)
- Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic - Parchment
- Atelier Interactive Acrylic - Paynes Grey
- Art Alchemy Metallique - Golden Moss
- Art Alchemy Metallique - Emerald Green
- Art Extravagance Rust Effect Paste (Yellow Rust)
- Liquitex Acrylic Ink (White and Gold)
- Finnabair Cling Stamps - Don't Forget to Fly
- Tissue Paper
- Black Fine Liner