Wednesday, 17 January 2018

Sparkle and Shine - Scrapbook/ Card Challenge - Allara Bamforth

Good Morning!

There is a fabulous mood board this month for the Scrapbooking/ Card Challenge called Sparkle and Shine add Tags and Chipboard.


I started off thinking I would possibly make a set of cards but after starting them and not really feeling where I was going with them - the cards turned into a page. Here is my process.

Firstly I pulled out some of my favourite colors Dylusions Paint Postbox Red, Tangerine Dream and Vanilla Custard, Dylusions Sprays Postbox Red, Squeezed Orange and Pure Sunshine and Distress Oxide Inks Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber. I pulled out some tags and prepared each tag with paint, spray and oxide ink by spraying or smearing the products on my surface and spritzing with water and dragging my tag through. The picture shows the difference in intensity of colours depending on the product.



Next I pulled out some Dylusions White Linen to background stamp some prepared black cards with 49 and Market Gabi's Patterned Texture Stamp.


I then stamped my gorgeous Carabelle - Oh la la stamp and embossed with Ranger embossing powders. The background of my stamps need some more interest so I stamped again with Gabi's Texture Stamp in corresponding colours, added some gold sparkle washi tape and a wing die cut.


This was a far as I got with the cards. I really was wowed by the intesity of the card with the Dylusions paint on the left and thought that I could used this as a centre piece for a layout as well. So recreating the swipe technique I used with the tags - I smeared the paint on my surface spritzed with water and dragged my black card stock through.



I loved the effect of some really intense sections and some washed out sections. Happy with this I used the Dylusions Vanilla Custard to splatter over the top.

Next I pulled out a packet of Vicki Boutin Diecuts and picked a picture from my dear friend Cherie's 40th Birthday and started laying out my design. I also decided to use the tag from the cards on my layout.


The page was coming together and I finished it off with some background stamping with Dylusions White linen paint watered down with Carabelle Background and Gabi's Texture stamp, used some Dylusions Squeezed Orange Spray to tone down the die cuts and finally added some left over Dusty Attic Fishnet chipboard, some stash flowers and Vicki Boutin Glitter



I really like how it turned out and whilst I started off with another idea - I allowed the creative process to take its own path and I think that's the beauty of going with the flow.

All products I've used from Art and Soul are linked back to the website through this post. I hope you join in on this months challenge.

Till next post,

Allara xx





3 comments:

How Fragile - Kristy Abela - Abela Artistry

This one is quite personal to me.. We all have so many happy stories we post about but this one is about a difficult time. Recently my back...