Tuesday 23 January 2018

A Tag Project by Tanyalee Kahler




I thought I would share a process video of a mixed media tag project made using supplies from Art and Soul Studio.



I started off with blank tags from Ranger and covered them with a coat of Heavy Gesso from Art Basics. Once that had dried I added some collage papers – Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and other random pieces of ephemera from my collection.

My favourite colour scheme is pink and gold so to bring this in to the tags I added some gold and then white crackle paste. I let that dry and used my Dina Wakley Swirling Dashes stencil and applied some Light Paste (from Art Basics).



I watered down Magenta Impasto Paint to create some highlights and drips down the tags. As well as some gold Liquitex Acrylic Ink splatters.

I want to use these tags as gifts for art friends so added some motivational sentiments to them using some phrase stickers that were gifted to me.

My final step was to add some grunge to the tags using Art Alchemy Wax. It provides a really lovely olde world feel – and those waxes smell beautiful!



You can watch my process video here:



I hope you enjoyed my project this month. I'll be back again soon with more art and inspiration for you.

Supplies:




Tanyalee Kahler





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...