Wednesday 20 December 2017

Michelle Logan - Guest Post

Hello All,
 
we are sharing a different post with you today, please help us welcome Michelle Logan as our guest designer. Michelle has used lots products from the store, that she received as the winner of the August Soulful Challenge. If you would like to know more about the Soulful Challenge then please follow the link to our facebook group Soul Sisters
 
Lets find out more about Michelle and see what she created.
 
  
Hi Everyone it’s Michelle Logan here and I am addicted to all things messy when it comes to creating. I live in suburban Melbourne in a male dominated household of 2 teens and a super craft tolerant hubby.
In a former life I was Physical Education Teacher (please don’t judge LOL!!!) until I came to my senses after 10 years!
I have always been into arty crafty things, I started out making cards and hoarding stamps (am yet to give up the hoarding part). I moved on to wedding invitations (after undertaking a calligraphy course) then scrapbooking (after my first fella’ was born), and now take on all manner of projects including art journaling, canvases, and anything off the page, as long as it’s messy I am in!
I am into all things, painty, inky and grungy, though I admit that I do struggle with feminine girly stuff! The colour purple and flowers really throw me out of my comfort zone. But I am willing to give anything a shot!
I have taught scrapbooking and art journal classes and have had the privilege of being a Scrapbooking Memories Master (2015) and before that a Scrapbook Creations Design Diva (2013/2014).
You can find what makes me happy on my blog: http://mlogandesigns.blogspot.com.au/ 
 
Now that we know more about Michelle lets see what she created
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is a handmade art journal using an A4 envelope that I painted as the cover….very simple and lots of fun!
 
Inside I have made a few pages (1 signature) out of scraps and watercolour paper….sort of like a junk journal. I have simply joined it all together using a basic pamphlet stitch.
 
For the decoration of the cover I just went to town using heaps of paint stencils and stamps….no thinking about the end result just lay that paint down …hence the Title.
 
hope you liked it…I even used Purple LOL!
 
Materials List:
A4 Envelope, Tissue Paper, White Gesso, Paint: Matisse Structure : Metallic Gold, Southern Blue Ocean. Atelier: Pthalo Blue Shade, Prussian Blue. Dina Wakey: White, Black, Sky, Blackberry, Cheddar. Neons Fluorescent Pink, Marabu Art Spray Gold, Stencils: Stencil Girl: ATC Mix Up 1 9x12, Crazy Quilts Calm & Frenzy, Stamps: Scrap FX: Squared, Dina Wakley: Splatter Girl, Posca Paint Pen Black & White, Stazon Jet Black ink Pad 
 
Thank you for joining us today and please pop on over the Michelle's link and show her some arty love.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning Art Journal cover, and great idea for making one! I love all the gorgeous layers and colours, and the lady peeking out there. Very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annmaree, would love to see what you do if you make one!

      Delete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...