Tuesday 20 June 2017

Technique Tuesday - Nuvo Embellishment Mousse

Hello Soul Sister
 
Today on the blog I bring you some techniques using Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and a Stencil Girl Stencil - Crackled .
 
 
 
 
For my first technique I turned some of my mousse into a spray. I am not sure what ratio I used but the more water you use the less colour you will get.

I also gessoed half of my piece of mixed media paper to see what the result would be.
 
I wanted to know when using the gesso how much of the liquid mousse I would wipe away.
In the photo below you will see that there is a difference. The left hand side of the paper in the photo below is the non-gessoed side and the right hand side is the side with the gesso.

When wiping the mixed media paper both sides reacted to the wiping. The side with the gesso I removed more of the spray that the left hand side. If I had kept wiping I am pretty sure I would have removed most of the spray from the gesso.
 
 
For my second technique instead of using a spatula to apply my mousse through my stencil I used a stencil brush, it is round, with short, stiff bristles.
 

I added some colour over the top with my Derwent Inktense Blocks
 
To clean the stencil I found a page in my journal where I placed the dirty stencil over the top then used a baby wipe to clean it.
 
 
For my third technique I added my mousse to some gesso to see what the reaction would be.

The colour went from dark charcoal to a light grey and I also lost most of the shimmer but still very effective through the stencil. This time I did apply it with my spatula.
 
 
For my last technique I again added water to some of my mousse, but instead of using a spray bottle I used my paintbrush to apply the liquid and then stamped on the wet paper.

 
Hope these techniques have been helpful
Happy Creating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...