Sunday 27 May 2018

Steampunk Tags with Kristy Abela

Happy Sunday Funday!! Have a peek at this over your morning cuppa!
Today I get to follow on from my Industrial Steampunk styled Mood Board Challenge to play with the same theme on an set of tags I created.



After sticking down the Stamperia papers to the tags and adding some mesh (Gyprock tape) with 3D gel,  I used a stencil and sprayed a fairly heavy coat of Tim Holtz Resist spray. Once this dried I used Distress Oxide in Evergreen Bough and applied a heavy layer over the whole surface to pick up the exposed bits of paper that the resist spray didn't reach. With a dry cloth I polished off the excess. 


I added the super funky Architextures and a layer of Nuvo Mousse through a stencil. I applied some Distress Crayon with my finger and rubbed it all over the raised surfaces to create shadows. Then inked the edges to finish off my background.

I used Embossing powder and waxes over black gesso on my chipboard and veneers. Tore a piece of calico and distressed it to frame my globes. I added in the door knobs and keyhole embellishments. Stamped some inspirational quotes and finished off with some Art Stones and Micro Beads from Prima.


Thanks for joining me at Art & Soul


7 Gypsies Findings - Painted Candlestick Collection
Scrap FX - Suspended Time
Dusty Attic Chipboard Mini Brick Wall / Mini Chicken Wire / Industrial Globes
WOW Wood Veneer - Chandelier
Tim Holtz stencil - Clocks - THS013
TCW Stencil - Bricks - TCW 191s
TCW Stencil - Corn cob TCW 619S
Versamark Black Pigment Ink pad
Lindys Embossing - Midnight Emerald-Midnight Bronze-Silver Moon Turquoise
Art Stones - Regular
Prima Micro Beads - Copper



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...