Hi Soul Sisters, it's Tanyalee here with some inspiration for the monthly art challenge.
Here is this month's mood board in case you missed it. I took inspiration from the prompt and decided to use up some old alphas I had in my stash.
To make this spread I started with a page from my junk journal that I had used as a 'use it up' journal - it's a great way to use up leftover paint from projects without wasting it. Anyway, the page had some paint on in already.
I pulled out the old alphas I had and placed them randomly on the bottom of the pages.
I then cover it all with a layer of gesso but left the paint and background peek through just a little bit. Next, I added some mica powder and spritzed it with water to make it run across the page. I felt it needed some extra shimmer and grunge so I used some wax from Finnabair and blended that into the edges and over the textured alphas.
As the final step, I pulled out my acrylic ink and drew my trademark illustrations - leaves - and wrote some journaling. And of course, I finished it all off with some ink splatters.
I hope you enjoyed this simple inspiration spread. and don't forget you can submit your art from this mood board too, just read the info below and submit!
- Please use our mood board as inspiration to create an art journal page, a card or a scrapbooking layout.
- Use the mood board however you want but you must add you alphas.
- As these challenges are sponsored by Art and Soul Studio please make sure that you use at least one product that is available from the store.
- Please load your entries into the correct album in our facebook group Soul Sisters to be in the running to win one of three $50 vouchers from Art and Soul Studio. The winners will also be invited to share what they create with their goodies as a guest designer on our blog.
- You can enter an art journal page, a card and a layout but you cannot win all three.
- You have until the 11:59pm on the 31st of May to enter and then the design team will vote to determine the lucky winners.
- Please note that the vouchers can only be won by residents of Australia but if you are from overseas and win the challenge you will be offered a guest design team spot.