Wednesday 21 March 2018

Mood Board Art Journal Page by Allara Bamforth

Hey Soul Sisters,

I'm back on the blog today with my take on the March Mood Board below.


I start off in my art journal by using some Transparent Gel Medium through a Tim Holtz Layered String Stencil  then picking up a few colours from the mood board, I paint them over in sections over the top of the medium. I used Dylusions Paint Periwinkle Blue, Dylusions Paint Vanilla Custard and for some texture Finnabair Patina Rust Effect Paste Mint green


As I was working through my process I had intended to keep this page in line with a more beachy feel as it looks onthe mood board however it kind of took another direction, possibly due how I was feeling after a traumatic event I had experienced at the end of last week.

To build up the texture I've included a number of mediums. First I added some 7 Dot Studio Dreamscapes - Cloudy Paper. Then I have added some of Dina Wakley's Collage Words and used some of the Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks to add some more definition and colours


To build up even more texture I have cut out faces and circles from the Jane Davenport Mixed Media Collage Napkins, these are great to create colour and interest and once you put your gel medium over the top thaey seem to melt into the page.  I've also added some arrows from the 7Dots Dreamscapes collection Die cut and used some opaque texture paste through the 7Dots Dreamscapes Geometry Stencil



I had an old silver metallic pen which I've used to create a few interesting elements in the background then used some black paint in my Fineline container to write the quote.



To finish off I 've used Dylusions Melted chocolate Spray to add some drips and drops.

And this how the finished piece ended up. Nothing like I had in mind when I started the page but I really like how it turned out. I can reflect on how I was feeling while I created it.


All products used are linked back to the fantastic Art and Soul Studio Shop - I could just browse the products all day!!

Till next time.

Allara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...