Friday 30 March 2018

Let your passing be our lesson by Karen Arribas

Todays lesson was based on the recent passing of the last male northern white Rhino. It saddened me so much I wanted to do a painting as a remembrance to this amazing animal.

The techniques for todays lesson can be used a number of ways such as a painting, jewellery (using the rhino head) or even a t-shirt which is what I've decided to do.

 1. Firstly I drew a rough picture of a rhino head onto tracing paper.


2. I then traced more rhino heads and cut them out to make a pile.


3.With the pile of rhino heads I then stuck them all together to make a 3D image. I then used Jane Davenport watercolours Neutral palette to paint the Rhino head. 

4. I then used darker colours for the contrast and coloured pencils for definition. I drew a circle in the background as I wanted to frame the head in some way.


5. Next step was to create some flowers I decided to use FW acrylic ink in turquoise and deep blue for the background to give it contrast.


6. I then used my fingers rather than brushes for the flowers because I like the natural results it produces. I used mainly KAISERcolour paints in a number of different shades of pinks, yellow and orange with dashes of white. 


7. I used the FW Acrylic artist ink to paint a background. 


8. I then added the flowers around the rim of the circle.


This is the final image and I wanted to see what it would look like on a t-shirt so I used a t-shirt mock up and used photoshop for the placement. 
(this is a free stock t-shirt from https://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/articles/15-free-psd-templates-mockup-t-shirt-designs)




Materials used:

Watercolour paper
Jane Davenport Watercolours - Neutral set
FW Acrylic Artist ink - Turquoise and Prussian Blue
KAISERcolour Acrylic paint - Candy, Pretty Pink, Hot pink, Magenta, Blossom and orange. 
Golden fluid Acrylic - Hansa yellow light

All materials can be purchased from the Art and Soul studio online shop at: https://artandsoulstudio.com.au/



Thank you to every one who has enjoyed my lessons. I hope you enjoyed this one too and I'll see you all in the soul sisters FB group. 
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...