Wednesday 31 January 2018

"Oh So Loved" - Gwen Wruck Guest Designer

Hi Creative Friends!

Gwen Wruck back with you on the blog today to share Part Two of my guest designing spot using the DIVINE Creative Devotion line by American Crafts.  Today I wanted to share with you a traditional Scrapbook page I created using pieces from the collection mixed with some more traditional scrapbook supplies, those from the Maggie Holmes Carousel collection.



I started the page with one of my all-time favourite cut files.  I backed it with the delicate paper from the Vellum Scripture Pad.  It is so soft and pretty, perfect for the look I was going for.  Next, I stitched around the edge to secure everything down.  I then grabbed some white cardstock from my stash and the Maggie Holmes Carousel paper pad and mounted my photo, I've also added into my photo mat another piece of vellum from the Scripture Pad as well as some elements from sticker sheet which I have stuck on a scrap of white cardstock and fussy cut-out.  There were just enough little pieces to add a small amount of interest on the bottom right-hand side.  I also added a Suede Tassle here and a Metal Binder Clip.



To create my title, I cut out the large letters from the Jen Hadfield Heart of Home paper "Climbing Ivy" paper and sewed around their edges.  I then mounted them on foam and centred them at the bottom of my page.  I teamed these with the Thicker Stickers from the collection, that pop of gold is DIVINE!



Next, I placed my photo mat also on foam, slightly to the right of my title and now it was time to embellish.  I began with elements from the Maggie Holmes Carousel Chipboard Stickers including the sweet little banner I placed above my tile and the flags I placed on the left of my photo.



I've also added elements from the Puffy Thicker Stickers sheet such as the cute bow at the bottom of my flags shown below.



To highlight the hearts in my background, I added in some from the Puffy Stickers and the Chipboard sheet, I love how they look shape within shape scattered around the page.  Lastly, I took 3 of the sentiments from the Creative Devotion Sticker sheet and mounted them on White Cardstock (Beautiful, Grateful and Amen) and placed these on my page to finish off the layout.

There you have it, so even if this collection is not something you would normally go for because you are not a Bible journaler, you can use elements from it for traditional scrapbooking, just by adding a few things from your stash.  I love how these turned out and I hope it inspires you to take a look at this collection because it really is stunning.

Items used:
Metal Binder Clips
Vellum Scripture Pad
Suede Tassles
Maggie Holmes Carousel paper pad
Maggie Holmes Thicker Stickers
Banner Clips
Puffy Thicker Stickers
Jen Hadfield Heart of Home paper "Climbing Ivy"

Until next time,
Gwen
xo

P.s - If you'd love to see more of my designs, be sure to visit my blog - createdbygwen.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...