Saturday 20 January 2018

Creative Devotion - Donna Lewis guest designer



We have a guest designer on the blog today!
 


Donna Lewis is an avid card maker, living in rural Victoria. She is also a wife, mother, Japanese teacher, oboist and pianist. On top of this, she is trying to live a self-sufficient and zero waste life, producing food for her family from her large garden, which makes for very full days! Donna’s family consists of her super encouraging husband, three terrific children aged from 14 to 21 and Molly the wonder Collie. After a long break from paper crafts, Donna was once again bitten by the crafting bug three years ago when a friend encouraged her to do an online water colour class with her. She has been working hard to squeeze craft time into her busy life ever since!
Donna loves all things papercraft, and especially enjoys colouring and cardmaking. Her cards tend towards clean and simple (CAS).
Donna regularly posts her work on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/donnadoll74/ and blogs at donnaisplayingpaper.wordpress.com
Let's see what Donna has been up to!

Hello!
I'm so pleased to share with you today. I've been given the opportunity to play with and to show you some products from the Creative Devotion Range from American Crafts. These have been designed with bible journaling in mind but they have so many uses outside of this.

The first thing I absolutely fell in love with was the printed vellum. I've used it as a background here for a card. I stamped and heat embossed an image in white on the front of the vellum, and then coloured the back of the vellum with copic markers. You need to choose slightly darker markers to compensate for the vellum. I then sandwiched another piece of the printed vellum behind the piece I coloured on so that the lovely pattern would show up better. This could be done with so many stamps.   The Copics don't blend smoothly on vellum, but because it's at the back, any imperfections are hidden.

Next, I made a couple of of pages in my bible journal. This is where I put verses and quotes that grab me. I used a pack of washi from this range that has so many different options, including some lovely watercolour style washi.
This is one of four different washi sets. I had a hard time choosing just one! As well as the washi, I used some lovely clear watercolour stickers   (this link is to a similar set of rub ons) and one of the stamp sets from the range. You can see these two elements combined in the photo below.



The gold word stickers had so many different options. I can see them being really good for art journaling, with words such as rejoice, hope, believe, heart, grow and many more. I used them with a stamp set from the Creative Devotion range below.


For my next page, I grabbed some papers from my stash, and used stickers and washi combined to create some tags, which I can use for some journaling if I want to keep it private. The words are from a super old hymn, but are so relevant, and a great reminder to practice gratitude. 



I hope this gives you some new ideas to stretch your supplies if you already have some these products, or introduces you to some new ideas if you don't.
Thanks for having me!
Donna

1 comment:

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...