Monday 22 January 2018

"Be Still & Know" - Gwen Wruck Guest Designer

Hi Creative Friends!

It's Gwen Wruck with you on the blog today, I hope you are all doing super well!

Super excited about the wonderful and unique opportunity I had this month to be a guest designer for Annette and create using the DIVINE Creative Devotion line by American Crafts.  It was so nice to be thought of and asked to create with this collection and I am feeling very blessed to be able to share a Bible journalling page and coordinating Travellers Binder notebook page (where I will do my verse study notes) with you all!



I immediately fell in love with the sticker sheet from the collection which has a stack of Bible Verses included and this one from Psalm 46:10 stood out.
These stickers are on a sheer background so they are perfect for using in your Bible as you can see through them.  For my Journal page, I mounted the sticker on to a scrap piece of white paper and fussy cut it out.



It was at this point I thought to add a bit of background work first.  So I took a sheet from the Vellum Scripture Pad and added some smudges of colour to it using the Gel Crayons.  It already had some colour, so I just added a little extra in a similar style.  I then attached this piece to my Journal using some washi from my stash and sewed around the edge with my sewing machine.



Next, I added the fussy cut "Be Still" element and the "&" sticker from the sticker sheet, I fussy cut this one out on white cardstock as well, just to make it stand out.  The cute little enamel heart you see here is from the Cocoa Vanilla and you can get them here.  I added "KNOW" using Maggie Holmes Thicker Stickers which are the most divine and perfect shade of gold and white, so that made my title "Be Still and Know" - I wanted to remind myself "Be Still and Know", He is God, He has great plans for me and that I don't need to be the one to sort everything out, in fact, I can be still and know what he will make a way even when there feels like no way.



So here is the right-hand side of the Journal page - I've used the packaging technique here and the crayon to lay down some colour for my background.  I have to add here that I love love love these crayons, they are so soft and buttery to use and the colour is so nice!!  They also do NOT bleed through on the bible, so they are perfect!  Next, I added a triangular piece of the Vellum Scripture pad in the corner in the same way as I did on the left. I added the cute stickers from the sticker sheet and my tile was simply cut using my Silhouette.  I also added here one of the Suede Tassles, I love how they finished off my page and poke out of the side of my Journal.  You can also see the Metal Binder Clips I added, these are really great for marking a page or clipping things in your Journal or Bible, love these as well!



Now, onto the bible journalling.  First up, I wanted to bring in some of the colours from my Journal so I just rubbed the crayon straight onto my page and smudged with my finger.  The colours are so soft and I love them!  I also highlighted the verse and I love how you can still very easily read the text underneath.  I am not a fan of covering any text when I create in my Bible.  I added the "Read, Pray, Repeat" sticker straight onto my page as well as the cross sticker on top of that, you can see the edge in the photo above and how transparent they are.  I also added one of the Cocoa Vanilla Enamel dots here too.



On the left I added the full scripture again, I found these cute Bible Journalling templates (link to these is on my blog if you are interested)  I simply coloured it with the crayons and added the Enamel heart, and cross sticker to finish it off.  It's a simple page but that's how I like to keep things in my Bible, yes the art is fun, but it is all about the word for me!



and there you have it.  I love how these turned out and if you are inclined, I hope it inspires you to take a look at this verse and get creative in your Bible.

Items used:
Travellers Binder Journal Notebook
Gel Crayons
Metal Binder Clips
Vellum Scripture Pad
Suede Tassles

Stay tuned, I have also created a regular 12x12 Scrapbook page with this collection which will be coming up on the blog soon.

Until next time,
Gwen

xo

P.s - If you'd love to see more of my designs, be sure to visit my blog - createdbygwen.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...