Saturday 16 December 2017

DecoArt - Dazzling Metallics

Hello Soul Sisters

So close to Christmas now, its crazy in this household. I am just a little glad that my children don't actually finish school until Friday, gives me a few more days to get ready.

With my last design team package I decided to get some DecoArt - Dazzling Metallics. I have had my eye on them for a little while now and didn't really want to add more paint to my supplies but I just couldn't hold out any longer.

They are gorgeous metallics that come in a huge colour range. I got 4 colours and I used all four.
 
I started out with an artist board which is similar in style to s canvas but timber instead. This makes a solid surface when you are adding things to it. I coated it in a layer of gel medium to seal the timber then I decided to put a very thin layer of gesso over the top because I this stage I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but I knew I didn't want the timber to show through.

I haven't really used my brayer very much except with my gelli plate so I decided that was how I was going to apply my paint, which is different for me as I usually use my fingers.

I actually got a little carried away and I forgot to take progress shots, apologise for that but this next couple of photos are some of when I remembered. I should have stopped here as I really liked it as this point but I kept going.
 
This photo I knew that I didn't like it but need to keep going, this was the ugly stage of my art.
I had added layer of paint and then using a stencil and a baby wipe I removed some of the paint to show the layers underneath.

Because I knew that I did not like the layer above I added gesso with my brayer. I put some of the gesso on my mat and then rolled through it making sure that I didn't have to much gesso on my brayer. Once I was happy with the gesso I then added a layer of paint of the top. Love how it turned out.

I added two more layers using different stencils and colours of paint. I applied both layers of paint with a makeup sponge.

 
The last thing I added where quotes


 
I apologise for the poor quality of the photos but I didn't realise how hard it was to photograph metallic paint. If anyone has any tips or tricks would love to hear them.

Products used: decoart dazzling metallics - rose gold, berry, mink pearl and teal, dylusions large stencil - old school alpha large, tim holtz collection layering stencil - ringer, stencil girl products stencil - deconstructed lily mask and stencil.
 
Happy Creating

1 comment:

  1. Lots of awesome layers, those metallics really shimmer and pop on your project! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...