Friday 22 December 2017

Angels in my heart - by Karen Arribas

This is my final lesson for 2017! So I thought I'd doing something festive, however you can do this for any season.

First of all I got a piece of card from a grocery box I had lying around and drew out a heart. I did a big heart and a small heart and then cut them out.


Then I covered them in white gesso.


I have some angel cards that have all these great angelic images so I scanned and printed an image I liked. You can use any image that inspires you but I thought this went well with the festive season. I then used Jane davenport acrylic paint for the base and the Kaisercolour acrylic paint Tropical Water. They can both be purchased on the online shop here: https://artandsoulstudio.com.au/


I then worked into the image to add highlight and contrast to make it stand out more. I Used the Jane Davenport white paint over pen for highlights and various coloured pencils to enhance the colours in the image. I then went over to darken the outline using Tombows mainly dark brown (969)


I had added some elements such as a stick on violin, harp and a smaller heart with the hope message. I got these stickers from a local craft shop. I also used the paint over pen to add little dots around the halos.



I then painted over the larger heart with red acrylic paint. 


I then covered parts of it in Stamperia rice paper (gorgeous paper that has a translucent look to it)


For the wings I added Golden Molding paste to give it a 3D effect. Make sure its completely dry before painting on it. 



Once dry I attached the wing to the larger heart.


I then attached the smaller heart to the larger heart and added little details such as the scalloped edging. 



Once dry I used a bronze spray and Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic Rose- Gold to cover the wings. I smudged it with a black ink pad (you can use and ink pad) to make it stand out more.


For the top I used Graphic 45 -Seasons Collage paper and glued it onto some card and then attached it to the heart. I used mine to stick on the top of my Christmas tree but of course you could hang yours wherever you like. 


Most of the products I mentioned here can be purchased from the Art and soul online art shop: https://artandsoulstudio.com.au/

I hope you enjoyed the final lesson for 2017 from me. Happy holidays! keep creating and see you soon. 


xx












1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a christmas tree topper! Great project idea for homemade wall hanging or tree ornament! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...