Wednesday 29 November 2017

Technique post by Karen Arribas.

Welcome to the next lesson its a short technique post. I decided to do a background journal page this can also be used for cards or ATC's.

I used Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (Cornflower Blue) and covered the page. This mousse can be used as a paint by just adding water or a paste to build texture, it also has a lovely metallic sheen to it.


I then used liquitex white gesso and applied with a sponge at the top of the page  to give is a sort of gradient effect.


To make the bottom darker I used Jane Davenport dark blue acrylic paint from the paint set 2.


I used the Jane Davenport light blue from the same set and painted an area (on a disposable paper palette) to be used for the stamp.


I used the Carabelle stamp 'Pivots rigolos' and 'Believe in magic' stamp. I then stamped them across the journal page to give a subtle print.


Finally I mixed some Golden Molding Paste with black gesso and used a star stencil across the top of the page. I then sprinkled some red glitter on top.


To finish with I used the Jane Davenport Inkredible pen to draw some lines, so it looked like the stars are dangling. I then added some white dots ( kaisercraft clear stamp) at the bottom of the page to frame it better.


I hope you enjoyed this lesson and find it useful maybe for the upcoming holiday season. 
All the art materials can be purchased from the art and soul studio online store: https://artandsoulstudio.com.au/

Thanks for stopping by x





1 comment:

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...