Sunday 29 October 2017

Gelli Love - Karen Arribas

Hello art lovers, I hope you have had a lovely weekend? and here is an art lesson to top it off.

Today I'll be doing a post producing a picture from Gelli Printing (My new favourite!). To start with you will need a Gelli Print (mine is a large format 8x10) you can use any size you feel comfortable with.
I used some A6 card to print on and a brayer to spread the paint around.

Materials used:
Gel Press 8X10
Various Acrylic paints (if you are looking for some cheap acrylics kaisercraft paints are a good option)
Brayer (any size)
A6 plain card
Black Archival ink
Turquoise - Dylusion spray
Kaisercraft  clear stamp- Script
JD stamp - it comes with her paint set, but you can use any stencil you like.

All material (or equivalent) are available on the Art and soul studio online shop: https://artandsoulstudio.com.au/


Firstly I produced some grey backgrounds using black, white and yellow pink acrylic (any brand will do, but I prefer using the cheaper ones to experiment with at first). I made some simple circles and marks using the other end of the brush to add interest. 


I then used some of the card to pull some prints, I just use the my hand to rub on the back. The Gelli print really grips the paint and makes really interesting marks.


 Secondly I made some more print using coloured acrylic (warm yellow and red) to to add some interest I also used the aqua marine Dylusion spray.


I created a number of different backgrounds using different stencils.







Once you have a good number of backgrounds you can start cutting out the shape of the houses and windows.


I then got some archival black ink and outlined the houses and windows I also used the kaisercraft script clear stamp and printed in random places to add more interest. I also used a black pencil to add some birds on wires.




I hope you enjoyed this lesson and it inspires you to invest in a gelli print or to use your current one! I'd love to see your designs in the soul sister facebook.













1 comment:

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...